Financial Times says Tablet in September!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cleve, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Padraic macrumors regular

I think the bigger news story here is that Apple has joined forces with the record labels and is trying to do some good things for record sales. Creating an interactive booklet for album sales, with lyrics, liner notes and video clips.

In the end, the record sales will make apple (and the labels) more money.

2. na1577 macrumors 6502a

I really do believe the tablet is coming out this time... but I still don't understand why anybody wants it. If it was a low-priced computer running OS X I might see a point to it, but if it's going to be an oversized iPod touch, why not just buy an iPod touch?

3. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

cool. album artwork 2.0. thats one thing i love about vinyl, is the awesome artwork n stuff. if u can have all that^, then i think it would bring back the album as an art form not just songs that u download, pick and choose.

i think the only way Apple will stay, on top and current in the Music download Biz, is to innovate the kinds of materials that are distributed with the downloads, buy creating the whole experience that goes far beyond just the music.
    If Apple does this, i will without a doubt move fully back from Amazon... as long as They dont charge a fortune for it.... but this is Apple i guess so im probably going to be disipointed price wise.:p

i can just see steve saying, "and enhanced albums start at just $24.99". :eek:

4. sammy2066 macrumors 6502a

5. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    It would make sense, Apple would want it out there for the Holiday seasons. ;)

6. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

I will most definitely be buying one of these if Apple does it right. -(out of contract availability)

7. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

Three things that would help iTunes replicate the pressed CD experience and add flair to the digital experience would be:

-Liner notes
    -Lossless audio
    -Synchronized lyrics

8. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Will this work without a data plan on a network (i.e. - will it work with just wifi)?

9. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    We know nothing... ;)

10. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Let me pull out my Magic-8 Ball. *Shakes it* Well, it said "Please Try Again" Damn. Shall I shake it again and see if I can get a more definite answwer? :p

11. puffnstuff macrumors 65816

12. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

i agree it sounds like an over sized ipod touch. but i totally understand the purpose you might want one even if it is. how about -

* larger screen. great for video viewing. excellent for reading. great for typing. much better for web browsing than the Touch. etc etc etc

* will obviously have much faster processor. gaming advantages instantly spring to mind.

* will it have go-anywhere internet access? who knows. obviously a separate costing/pricing premium will apply.

those sound like obvious reasons peeps might buy one. i'm certainly in the market for one as long as i can get go-anywhere internet access :)

13. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I'm intrigued by the possibility of a touchpad from Apple. I have no idea where in my life I would use it though. It won't be pocketable like the Touch is. I currently don't carry a laptop or netbook around with me, but with a clever case such a touchpad might be a viable alternative to either. I can't picture using it while sitting or laying on the sofa. I don't see myself using it out on the deck. I'd worry about glare if you layed it down on a table to use it. Hopefully it will include something to prop it up at a good viewing angle.

Of course I had no idea where in my life I could fit a Touch. Apple found one though. Time will tell of they can carve a whole new niche again.

14. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

If it has the power of a MacBook Air and can be docked/plugged into a mouse, keyboard & other accessories, I would justify one... if the price is right.

BUT, my bet is January.

15. Bosep macrumors regular

They are probably doing this to compete with kindle (e-books) and a 10" isnt that big. Waay more portable than a laptop, It's probably thinner and lighter than a netbook. Surfning the web on a 10" is better than on an 3.5" ipod touch :)