Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
How good is Financing with Apple?

Do they have 0% or

Also if i take financing and finally i wanna pay it in full can i or if i take financing I'm stuck with it?

Chopstick217

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
Huntington Beach, CA

Do they have 0% or

Also if i take financing and finally i wanna pay it in full can i or if i take financing I'm stuck with it?

They have 0 percent financing for 12 months if you apply for their Visa. You can always pay off the laptop whenever you want, as long as you make the minimum monthly payments to avoid interest.

axu539

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2010

Do they have 0% or

Isn't financing with Apple actually just another credit card? I believe it's like 0% for the first few months, but if you're late on any payments it skyrockets. Overall, I've heard some pretty bad things about Apple financing, so do your research.

radiohead14

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2008
nyc
apple goes through Barclays... which has a high interest rate if you fail to pay in full within the promo time

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
Yeah it won't work

**** I wanted to buy it but no one to buy my ipad2

axu539

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2010
apple goes through Barclays... which has a high interest rate if you fail to pay in full within the promo time

Yep, this. I've heard horror stories of Barclays not properly timestamping payments properly forcing people to be late.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Try Bill me later, you get no interest and no payments for 6 months or 90 days it depends on the vendor (I think Apple does 6 months but not 100% sure). If you pay it off at the end of the time frame you dont pay any interest. if you start making monthly payments you are not liable for all that back interest from the beginning like with other financing options.

radiohead14

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2008
nyc
Try Bill me later, you get no interest and no payments for 6 months or 90 days it depends on the vendor (I think Apple does 6 months but not 100% sure). If you pay it off at the end of the time frame you dont pay any interest. if you start making monthly payments you are not liable for all that back interest from the beginning like with other financing options.

is that available in-store as well?

seepel

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2009
Yep, this. I've heard horror stories of Barclays not properly timestamping payments properly forcing people to be late.

Not exactly this, but I was like an hour late on one of my payment dates and the interest kicked in. Luckily my tax return covered it, but I was bummed. If you do financing just make sure you stay on top of it.

Cancelled
Jul 19, 2011

I'm confused as to what this is... is it an actual card? Or is it just a service? I've Google'd it but I just can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. Can anyone explain "Bill me later" in depth please?

Also, where is the option on their site?

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I'm confused as to what this is... is it an actual card? Or is it just a service? I've Google'd it but I just can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. Can anyone explain "Bill me later" in depth please?

Its a service, you basically open up a line of credit which is accepted at certain online retailers and service providers... when you purchase something you simply enter the last 4 digits of your social and birthdate at checkout. You then get 90 days or 6 months of no interest and no payments (varies by retailer). after the 90 days or 6 months you can choose to pay off the balance in full with no interest charged to you.... or you can start making monthly payments with interest being charged from that day forward... the rate is pretty reasonable too. You get a bill in the mail which details your purchases and lets you know what day you have to make your payment. You can also manage your account on their website.

Cancelled
Jul 19, 2011
Its a service, you basically open up a line of credit which is accepted at certain online retailers and service providers... when you purchase something you simply enter the last 4 digits of your social and birthdate at checkout. You then get 90 days or 6 months of no interest and no payments (varies by retailer). after the 90 days or 6 months you can choose to pay off the balance in full with no interest charged to you.... or you can start making monthly payments with interest being charged from that day forward... the rate is pretty reasonable too. You get a bill in the mail which details your purchases and lets you know what day you have to make your payment. You can also manage your account on their website.

Perfect! I appreciate your time. How do you use it on their website? I can't find it anywhere.

technopimp

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
As an alternative, MacMall has a 0% program too (through a Bill-Me-Later type of service, actually it may be BML, not sure). I believe they also have no payments AND 0% for either 6 or 12 months, and no sales tax.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Perfect! I appreciate your time. How do you use it on their website? I can't find it anywhere.

When you choose checkout it should be on there as one of the payment options.... I think its listed along with the credit cards or under the financing section.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.