Financing a Mac question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Joey225, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Joey225 macrumors member

Hey all,

Does anyone know if....

1. I can apply for financing on Apple's website, but not buy anything, and then go to the store, show my approval and still get the 12 month free financing?

Or...l

2. Apply for financing at the retail store, but hold off on the purchase until after Christmas and still get the 12 month free financing?

There is a purpose to me applying for financing before I buy! So any info is helpful, thanks!

Also, do Apple store employees receive commission? Because if that's the case, I'm going to want to buy from the same person who helped me in the store a few months back...

2. terps2005 macrumors member

You can do either as long as the initial purchase posts to your account within 30 days of approval/account opening.

3. Joey225 thread starter macrumors member

4. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

Apple store employees do not receive commission.

5. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

You can also get 12 months free financing if you buy from Amazon and use the Amazon Store Card. Note this is NOT the Amazon Visa card.

For example, here's the wording for the MBA 13"

12-Month Special Financing: Make any purchase $599 and above with the Amazon.com Store Card and get no interest for 12 months on your entire order if paid in full within 12 months. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional balance is not paid in full within 12 months. Minimum monthly payments required. Offer ends December 31, 2011. 1-Click and phone orders do not apply. See details and restrictions.

Info on the Store Card: https://www.amazon.com/gp/cobrandca...btjm6fh1f&inc=9018&pr=conplcc&plattr=PLMP0909

6. Joey225 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info, but I've already gotten about $1000 in Apple gift cards from relatives from my birthday/what I expect for Christmas, so I was hoping to finance the remainder of the cost. Can't do that with Apple gift cards on Amazon!

Thanks for the help everyone though, I applied for financing online and was approved and am now awaiting my card in the mail.