Financing for Business - MBP or MP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vrsatile1, Mar 23, 2009.

1. vrsatile1 macrumors newbie

I run a small media company and my iMac died. I needed to upgrade but was waiting until I could pay cash for it or improve my credit rating, which has been hammered due to an illness. I've been turned down by Juniper and have been told to fill out a lease by my Apple Store rep. I'm concerned that that will be turned down too. Any ideas on how to approach this. Without a computer I'm out of business.

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Yeah, life'll do that.

Have you tried Amazon's offer at checkout? They'll credit you $30 and give you a card up to $2K. I don't know how rigorous the initial check is, but it might get you in the credit door and they carry macs.

Oh, and, have you looked into selling the broken iMac? That will get you some cash, and perhaps lower what you have to borrow.

3. txnoob macrumors 6502

With all due respect, Chase has the Amazon Visa that offers the cash back. And in these financial times, they are more strict than ever. And they are a pretty strict bank. However, Amazon does have a store card that is through GEMB which is significantly more relaxed.

4. vrsatile1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Good Advice

Thanks. I'll check that out. The iMac's logic board and power supply are toast so I was curious what it was worth if anything and where to put it other than cl.

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

They're great for parts - the screen alone will net you some moola. You can split off the keyboard/mouse and install discs (and maybe even the RAM, depending on what you have) to pick up a bit more. Take a look at ebay to see what your specs are going for as "as is" machines. Regardless of how you feel about ebay, you'll get a good sense of the going rate for the machine with a much wider audience (read as higher price) than you'd get on CL.