Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I CAN pay in increments, right? ($300 in feb, $300 in mar, etc)

Yes, you can do that.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Barclay's Bank that is connected to Apple's financing a purchase is one of the worst credit card issuers. Beware of them. Do a Google search and you will seen how hated they are.

I can't say I'm too thrilled with them, either. I purchased my Rev A through Apple and used the Barclaycard (I think it was branded as Juniper) primarily to get the iTunes gift card and deferred interest promotion they were running at the time. I paid it off in full and on time, but I do vaguely recall that the statement date on the card wasn't aligned to the date of my purchase from Apple, so it can be easy to miss the payment deadline. What surprised me is how quickly Barclaycard closed my account after a few months of inactivity. I'm not sure if they were using the financial crisis as an excuse, or if they concluded that I wasn't profitable enough.

It looks like MacMall uses WebBank, which also handles Dell's credit card business. I haven't read all their fine print but it looks similar to most offers I've seen.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
I can afford $100 per month easily, I cannot really afford $1500 at one time, though.

i would not get the barclays card because they seem to be astrocious if you miss a payment.

wait 6 month and save some money, get the next refresh of the MBA, pay cash. with the saved money you have some money left in the bank for the month.

unless you absolutely need the MBA now waiting and saving gets you a much better machine at much better paymant conditions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.