find and save all pictures

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gpp, Oct 31, 2010.

1. gpp macrumors newbie

i have 4 hard drives in my mac and want to find all the pictures,or jpegs,and put them all in one folder.i can find them searching with finder but it want let me save them all to one folder.am i asking for something that cant be done or is there software that may let me do it.probably 400,000 pictures and not all in iphoto .

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Does that mean, you use the search function (Command + F) to find all images containing your criteria, but selecting them all and using Command + C and Command + V in the target folder do not work? Or even drag and drop? Maybe it has something to do with some images not being on the HDD Mac OS X is installed onto.

3. gpp thread starter macrumors newbie

i have them all in a smart folder but when i select all to drag and drop i get the spinning wheel.i guess it means im trying to move too many pictures at one time.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Maybe try it with thousand images first, though that might introduce them into your search results again, but that may be circumventable via using System Preferences > Spotlight > Privacy and adding the folder you copy the images into to that "prevent Spotlight from searching these locations" field.