Find everything purchased from itms

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bristleworm, Nov 9, 2008.

1. bristleworm macrumors 6502

bristleworm

Hey. Hope someone has a solution for this problem. I couldn't find anything using google or other mac forums.
    I want to backup all my purchases from the itunes store. I know timemachine does this already, but as all harddrives can break, and everything i bought amounts to quite some money, i want to back it up on another drive as a failsafe.
    So here's the problem. I don't want to back it up on dvds, so i can't use the backup provided by itunes.
    And when i search for the files using finder, i can say the filetype has to be audio, and i can even say it has to be "purchased". But all this seems to do is looking for m4p files, thus not finding all the itunes plus music i bought.
    Any ideas how to find those, too?
    Thanks, the bristleworm.

2. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

iTunes can sort its Library based on the "Kind" data field. DRM'd music is listed as "protected AAC" and iTunes Plus is reported as "purchased AAC."

Right-click on the column headers in the main window to make iTunes show this "kind" data field. Should be easy then to find all your purchased music and drag it to an external hard drive (or whatever).

3. bristleworm thread starter macrumors 6502

bristleworm

cool. didn't know that was possible. worked perfectly.
    thanks for the quick answer!:)