Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mic2904

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
Does anyone have an idea wether these will be available soon?

Think these would be a welcome addition?!

kurzz

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2007
Really want Find my friends on the Watch or some Siri integration without Handoff. Get on it :apple:!

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
How would Find My :apple:Watch work since the :apple:Watch has no GPS or way to connect to an unknown WiFi?

kurzz

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2007
How would Find My :apple:Watch work since the :apple:Watch has no GPS or way to connect to an unknown WiFi?

It needs the phone. I want to leave the phone somewhere in the house or in my pocket and just use the watch to look up people.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
It needs the phone. I want to leave the phone somewhere in the house or in my pocket and just use the watch to look up people.

I'm asking about Find my :apple:Watch that the OP wanted and NOT asking about Find My Friends.

cschmelz

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
Like I said. It wouldn't work. The watch relies on the phone for Internet.

You are thinking awfully small here. The Bluetooth range is fairly significant, I certainly would welcome the ability to 'ping' the watch from the phone in case I take it off and set it somewhere in a pile of clothes or something. Yes it would be limited range, yes it wouldn't have it's own GPS but it would be handy, especially if the watch is in do not disturb and isn't making noise with incoming alerts.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
The other thing that would be helpful would be if the phone would remember where it was when the watch was disconnected. At least then you would know if you accidentally left your watch at home or if it fell off in the coffee shop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.