Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ronnie0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
I've just installed the 3.0 GM onto my iphone and tested out the 'Find my iPhone' feature on Mobileme but doesnt anyone else think it might open to the door to taking the law into your own hands?

macfanboy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
I've just installed the 3.0 GM onto my iphone and tested out the 'Find my iPhone' feature on Mobileme but doesnt anyone else think it might open to the door to taking the law into your own hands?

Door 2: call the police and use mobileme as a location to tell the police?

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
No...it would allow me to call the LAW and let them use their hands.
Anyone willing to take their life in their hands over an OBJECT (even if it is a soon to be here  iPhone 3G S⃣ 32GB) has very poor self-preservation skills. :( Charles Darwin rolls over in grave :(

Ronnie0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
Well it would be the same as having £500 stolen out of your hand so surely you'd be tempted to go around and take it back?

...if i called the police here in Cmbridge, it would probably take them 3/4 days to get around to following my report up!

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
Well it would be the same as having £500 stolen out of your hand so surely you'd be tempted to go around and take it back?

...if i called the police here in Cmbridge, it would probably take them 3/4 days to get around to following my report up!

I wouldn't take the law in my own hands even if they stole $1,000 from.. its a good way to get shot now days!

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007
No...it would allow me to call the LAW and let them use their hands.
Anyone willing to take their life in their hands over an OBJECT (even if it is a soon to be here  iPhone 3G S⃣ 32GB) has very poor self-preservation skills. :( Charles Darwin rolls over in grave :(

No self-preservation issues here. I'm in Kentucky and we usually just bring a couple of friends with us along for the ride. More specifically, we just take Mr. Smith & Mr. Wesson. Those guys are usually pretty helpful in getting things returned peacefully.
:D

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Take the law into your own hands? Thats the only way to get it done. Law WILL NOT follow up if you walk up and said "some guy stole my iphone out of my hand, but look I have my macbook pro in my hand and he is just a few blocks away! Can we go get him please please please pleeeeeeaaaassseeeeeee???"

You'd get laughed at. Atleast around here.

Couple this with the fact that the iPhone simply ain't cheap, and its a highly coveted device , thats just a recipie for disaster. I won't kill a guy, but if I lose my phone and FMiP tells me its, literally, walking across the street, I will be inclined to go for a stroll......

anyone who wouldn't deserves to have their stuff stolen.

williamgallas10

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2009
Correct me if I am wrong, from what I saw it doesn't pinpoint the iphones exact location, just a general area. What do you do then? If it says it could be in one of these six houses in this area, are you going to start knocking on doors?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.