Find iPhone Location

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by fahqu001, Feb 26, 2013.

1. fahqu001 macrumors newbie

This has probably already been discussed and I'm using the wrong combination of words to search the forums, but I was curious about the Find iPhone application. My question is, I noticed recently that when I go to "find my iPhone" at roughly 8/9ish pm, I only receive a last location, rather than its current. In the morning at roughly 5/6ish, it becomes "available" again with its current location. I don't know whether this is coincidence, the network, or another variable such as the phone has "gone to sleep."

Anyway, any insight would be great. I guess my curiosity was piqued and I wanted to know what causes this matter or if it's just a strange anomoly/discrepancy.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I have used both Find my iPhone and Find My Friends and have never noticed any wrinkles due to time of day.

Both work well for me.

3. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

The only thing I can think of is that you switch off Wifi at night and back on in the morning .. and during this time your phone also has mobile data off ...

Apart from the above I dont see any other reason this would happen.

4. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

I wonder if the Do Not Disturb feature is affecting Find My iPhone. (I'll try to test out my theory tonight) Is that 8/9 - 5/6 timeframe your DND setting by any chance?

5. fahqu001 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't believe DND is on. This issue is really strange to say the least... And even though, location finding, you would think would still work.

----------

Wifi actually isn't working at my place at the moment (router took a dive).