Find iPod Touch Owner?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tardman91, Feb 23, 2010.

1. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

I work at a school and a student recently got busted with a stolen (she admited it) iPod Touch. I was looking at it trying to help the School Resource Officer locate the owner since she refuses to say where or who she stole it from. It seems to have been cleared (not registered to an iTunes account, no other identifying info on it), but when I search the serial number at apple.com it comes up as registered, but that's all it tells me. Is there a chance that a call to Apple could reveal who it is registered to? Would it be better to have the SRO call, or does Apple not reveal any information like that? Is there a particular number or department I should speak to?

2. tyke65 macrumors member

I doubt Apple will give you the owner's details. You should contact Apple, tell them the story and offer to send the unit to them to be forwarded to the owner. This assumes that you have contacted the police who have no record of the theft.

3. zeekylily macrumors newbie

I just recently lost my ipod touch, so I'm a little desperate!

Does the ipod you have have a case? Mine ha a black case. Also, do you live in Southern CA?