Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chidambaram

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2008
hi,

I want to know the list of applications which is installed in my MAC OS using scripting language.

Thanks in advance...

chidambaram

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2008
Thanks for ur reply.
But, I want to Find those information, using Apple Script

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
AppleScript allows you to tell your computer to do different commands and such... it's really not meant for acquiring information like the list of applications and their sizes. You might be thinking of using the Terminal, which can give you all that information, although you have to know a little bit of techno-speak to do it correctly.

Otherwise, yes -- using the System Profiler would be the easiest method. I don't think it's possible to do using AppleScript.

chidambaram

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2008
Find list of installed software using X-Code

hai,

How to find , list of softwares installed in MAC OS, using X-Code?

Thanks in Advance..

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
It tends to lead to System Profiler. Perhaps you need to explain why you're wanting to do this so people can give you a better approach rather than leading down the same path for every thread.

chidambaram

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2008
find the applications using xcode

Hi,

I want to find all the .app files stored in /Applications folder using xcode?

How can i do this?

Thanks in advance...

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
You have asked this exact question at least 5 times already. Please stop posting new threads. I could probably help you but as you have shown us no respect by constantly posting new threads I won't be helping at all.

chidambaram

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2008
You have asked this exact question at least 5 times already. Please stop posting new threads. I could probably help you but as you have shown us no respect by constantly posting new threads I won't be helping at all.

robbieduncan,

I had the solution for applescript . Now i need in xcode so only i opted for new thread.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
XCode is an IDE: an Integrated Development Environment. It is not a programming language so your question makes no sense. You can use XCode to write AppleScript. If you have an AppleScript solution that will work within an XCode project.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.