Find My Friends advice

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Rickies74, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Rickies74 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I download the Find My Friends I loved it. but the problem is some of my friend stop by at my work. I asked them how you find me. say your Find My Friends still on list show where you at. I felt it bother me when I at work I don't want get into trouble with boss if a friend come down stop by. I try everything how to turn of or sign out. can someone give advice how to turn off or some how so that can't not be bother me at work?

many thank.

Rickies

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

In the Find Friends app, select the Me button and then turn on "Hide from Followers"

3. Rickies74 thread starter macrumors newbie

will that stay hide while I sign out? or Leave sign in?

Rickies

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

No need to sign out, stay signed in and use Hide from Followers. Then when you want to be found again, just turn Hide From Followers off.

5. Rickies74 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank You :)

6. Shadyriley macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if Find my friends only wifi or also 3g?

7. mreddys10 macrumors regular

Both, wifi and 3G

8. SneakyRussian macrumors newbie

Hey guys

What would it say if location was set to hidden?

Say if it normally track well all the time, and right now I cannot locate my gf but she receives Imessages fine (meaning she got good internet connection) can it be down to hide setting? Or when you select Hide from followers it will say to others location hidden or something along those lines?

9. sooner518 macrumors member

im not sure, but i have had friends whose location says something along the lines of "Location Unavailable" when I know they didnt have themselves hidden. one of my co-workers, who works 50 yards from me, his location locates him at a location almost a mile away from here for some reason. the app is not perfect thats for sure.

10. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

It should say "Location Unavailable" if they hide their location

Curious question, how much data does this consume since its running all the time and sending location data?

11. SneakyRussian macrumors newbie

Is that confirmed info?) Cos i asked her about it and all of a sudden 10min later her phone got tracked perfectly? :)

12. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Yes, my friend and I tested it when Find My Friends launched. If it's set to off, that's what you'll see.

13. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

or maybe you had a bad signal and it couldnt get the data, but she may have just switched it back on

14. SneakyRussian macrumors newbie

I was at home on a WiFi so no probs with connection, besides that unavailable thing was for over 2 hour period) spoke to her she joked she knew i would check up on her)

I will get it out of her on weekend :D

Thanks for the info guys!