Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
do you have background app refresh enabled and do you keep find my friends running in background?

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
A few days ago I had 'Find My Friends' notify me that my youngest daughter had left the house of a friend that, in fact, she had left more than two weeks prior to that (and not visited since).

Patience...;)

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
Just wondering if it is just me. But does anyone find that the Find my Friends App does not work for the geofencing alerts?

Yea, its been broke for a while. There is another thread out there with people complaining as well. Hopefully this has been submitted to Apple and they are working on it.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Just wondering if it is just me. But does anyone find that the Find my Friends App does not work for the geofencing alerts?

Confirmed here as well. The notify does not work for arrives/leaves X address.

background refresh on both phones for FMF is On.

Imac Sam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Resolved

So with the current iOS7.1 update, The geofencing/notification feature of Find My Friends App works again. However as mentioned before some settings that need to be adjusted on both iOS devices. Each device must have the Find My Friends App turned on in Background Refresh.

ellencs1541

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2015
background app refresh

When I go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh I do not see an option to turn it on for Find My Friends. Is there another way to do this? I'm still not getting the arrive/leave alerts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.