Find My Friends Glitch!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Dwalls90, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I allowed someone to temporarily access my Find My Friends location. I used the "notify them" feature, and set it to repeat each time.

The issue is that after the temporary event ended and I removed them from Find My Friends, it STILL notifies them when I leave my apartment.

I cannot find a way to undo this!

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Stalker app working as intended.

Tried deleting and re-installing it?

3. plainwhitetay macrumors regular

Try re-adding them to Find My Friends, disabling the setting, then removing them again.
    Deleting the app. Although reinstalling it may not fix anything, but worth a shot.
    Idk anything else. The app was not at all intended to be used by stalkers. It can, obviously, but that's not it's intended purpose.

4. Dwalls90 thread starter macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Already tried deleting it and re-adding it before posting this.

When I re-add them, and view the "notify XXXX" settings, it doesn't show as any existing "notify XXXX" settings have been created. They are "shadow" settings that seem to exist but can't be deleted!

EDIT:

Figured it out. If you click on your own name in the list, then select notifications, they all show up! Just very different from the prior functionality, and not exactly easy to find. Phew.

5. PNutts, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013

PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Agreed. I was having trouble turning off an old notification and stumbled onto the solution.

Off topic rant: Another black eye for iOS 7. Usability down the drain to give us blue words on a white background.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

But it's so beautiful and futuristic--that surely more than makes up for it being that much harder to instinctively and instantly locate all the controls and strain to read them to know what they actually are. After all we all have our phones primarily for how cool they look so that we can show off in some fashion, don't we? ;-)

7. joshforman macrumors regular

It was like that before. Controls for notifying people of your arrival or departure were always separate.

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Ah, my bad. I realize now that the notification I was talking about was for someone else. Thank you for the clarification.