Find My Friends Not Working

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by aham23, Nov 22, 2014.

1. aham23 macrumors regular

Since updating to the current iOS my location is not showing in FMF. I've got the Location Services Off next to me in the App despite having all the settings set properly to Share My Location. Same thing for my Kids 5c since updating it. I am missing something?? Much thanks.

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Did you try logging out and then back in?

Do you have Location toggled ON in Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Find Friends (in the listing of apps) AND ALSO inside the Find My Friends app by tapping on your own listing at the bottom of the map page?

3. aham23 thread starter macrumors regular

All those settings are correct/on. Have not tried to logout and back in. Did delete and restart ect... I am seeing the only way to logout now is to logout of iCloud all together. Which blows because it erases ApplePay cards.

4. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Have you accessed the Help section inside the Find My Friends app by tapping on your own listing at the bottom of the map page? Or is your problem that you're not showing up there, either? You have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the resulting page to find Help and then tap that. Not sure if there's anything pertaining to your situation but there is a section on Location with many subs and a Troubleshooting section, among others.

Which iOS are you using, BTW? Nothing changed for me when I upgraded to iOS 8.1.1. Sorry that you're having trouble on 2 (!) devices.

Please post your solution when you find it, in order to help The Next Guy.

5. aham23 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm on the Map and all the right ONs are green. But next to my pic it says Location Services Off but when you hit the pic and check the settings its ON. So odd.

I believe it stopped after I upgraded to 8.1.1. Appreciate the help and I'll try the log out and back in tomorrow.