Find my Friends/Sharing Location problems on iOS8

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Gunther04, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Gunther04 macrumors newbie

Gunther04

After upgrading, i noticed that Find my Friends icon is not on any of my home screens yet in the App Store the option says "Open" which means it is installed in my iPhone. Checking the General > Usage > Manage Apps, the Find my Friends is also listed there.

Already tried deleting the app from there and from iTunes in my computer then sync which is fine but when i try to download it back again from the App Store, it loads on the home screen but after it says install the icon will vanish. The only way for me to open the app is by clicking "Open" from the app store.

Already tried Factory restoring the iPhone, even to the extent of downgrading back to 7.1.2 then upgrading OTA but still the same. The app installs fine though in 7.1.2 but after the upgrade, the icon vanishes.

Anyone else having the same problem? My main issue aside from the missing app icon is that the Share my location feature is not enabled in my messages, even the map won't show up. I think its because there is a problem with the Find my Friends app in my phone.

2. haoledoc macrumors member

Does the app show up in Spotlight, and if so, can you open it from there?

3. Gunther04 thread starter macrumors newbie

Gunther04

just tried searching the app in spotlight but it's not there either. My main problem is that every time Find my Friend app installs on my machine the icon just vanishes from my home screen.