Find my Friends

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Aml216, May 18, 2015.

1. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    Hey all.

Unsure how many of you use the native find my friends app -I figure someone out there must! :)

I have select apps pushing notifications to my :apple:watch. In the notifications area of the menu, find my friends is toggled to the on position.

When I ask to receive a notification in the find my friends app on the iPhone (say when my wife leaves work to alert me). I receive a notification on my iPhone as expected, but the notification is not pushed to my :apple:watch.

Is this a bug? Is there a setting I am over looking?

Thanks for the insights recently. Ya'll are a great group.

2. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

No idea if it's related, but the watch refuses to tell me via Siri where my friends are even though its activated.

I just wanna ask "Wheres xxxxx" and boom, there they are on a map. It cant be that hard to implement

3. papbot macrumors 6502

My wife and I use the Find Friends app a lot, especially for the automatic notifications feature. Sometime last week there was a problem with the notification system. We weren't getting any. This lasted a couple of days then all of a sudden all notifications started working again. I'm assuming it was some iCloud issue that was resolved.

But all notifications have been popping up on my Apple Watch. If you're using the phone at the time, have it unlocked with the screen active, most alerts will not go to the watch. Although I have seen a few appear on both when I was actually using the phone.

If you're not seeing the Find Friends notifications on the watch when you're not using the phone maybe try restarting the watch. They are working properly on mine.