Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fabian9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
Bristol, UK
I'm having issues getting Find My iPad to work on my iPad 2 - Wifi (iOs 5.0.1) only. All other devices are showing up fine (iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0 and MacBook Pro running 10.7.2).

I have location services enabled on my iPad, but for some reason Find My iPad always says "Location Services disabled" - sending a message to the iPad via the application works find however.

I had a look through the WWW to see if anybody else is having the issue, and found a number of threads - however the issue there appears to be that people are not on a mapped wifi network. The fact that it works fine on my MBP on the same wifi network suggests that it is not related to the network in my case.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Hildy

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2011
I'm having the same issues

This is still a problem for me, and doesn't make sense since google maps can find my iPad2 using the gps chip, but find my iOS device can't...

Solved. My problem was that I was looking for my device using one account and find my device was enabled on the iPad for a separate account... Sure would be nice if apple allowed account consolidation and access to multiple iTunes stores via one account but that is likely another thread!

:)

fabrilis

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2009
Resolved - At least for me

I noticed that this wasn't working after I was checking out to make sure I could track my new MacBook air. Both my iPhone and iPad were having this issue. The issue seems to have been that I recently restored both of those devices. All settings and everything were restored including having find my iPhone / iPad turned on, however, it seems that you need to reauthorize to actually turn the service back on. After going to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> iCloud -> Find My iPhone = set to off, set to on, Accept. Immediately worked afterward.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.