Find my iPhone app on 2 iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by burnside, Dec 30, 2010.

1. burnside macrumors 6502

Hi, I have 2 iPhones that use the same Apple ID so that my wife and I can pay for 1 app and use it on both phones. I activated the Find My iPhone app on my iPhone using my Apple ID. Is there a way to activate my wife's iPhone without losing the ability to share apps that I buy?

thanks in advance,
    b

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you can install it with the same apple ID on multiple devices.

3. burnside thread starter macrumors 6502

How would I be able to see where either iPhone is? Would me.com show both iPhones at the same time?

4. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

yes- lists the phones registered under your apple id and you pick the one you want to map. I have 3 phones that me.com shows me. I like it :)

5. burnside thread starter macrumors 6502

Awesome! Thanks for helping out!

b

6. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

You can use one account with multiple devices or just create a new Apple ID only for the Find My iPhone feature

7. db67fm macrumors regular

db67fm

So now you can see where your wife is at any time without her knowing you are looking.

It has come in handy from time to time.

8. TheMachineO macrumors newbie

Can't See 2nd iPhone on Find My iPhone

Hi, brilliant people,

-I just got an iPhone for my wife. I installed the "Find My iPhone" app on hers, (already on mine).

-I went into her iPhone settings and added my existing MobileMe account, set "Find My iPhone" to "ON"

-Set Push to 15 Min.

-Her phone does not show up on Find My Iphone (neither on me.com, nor on my iPhone app).

-I've refreshed the page, waited (even overnight), but there is no list of 2 devices; always just one iPhone (mine)

From the explanations I've already read, it seems so simple. If you would, please let me know if there's something I'm doing incorrectly. Thanks a bunch!