find my iPhone app on Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gabo864, Apr 13, 2015.

1. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

I'm not sure if this was already asked on other threads, but I'm just curious. Will there be an app or feature similar to find my iPhone on the :apple: Watch? It would be cool if it could be possible to just push something on the watch to make the phone beep and find it quicker.

I'm always misplacing my iphone around my house or at work and I have to get on my computer, log in on the iCloud website and then play a sound on my phone so I can find it! so it'd be neat if I could just avoid all this and press something on my Watch to find my phone. :D

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

you can make the phone beep an alarm to find the iphone near you

but there's no find my iphone app on the watch

3. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

I hope it can at least alert you that it is out of range - which may mean you left it somewhere... So you'd know sooner rather than later.

And, I hope we can authenticate the Watch with the iPhone. IOW, if anyone takes your Watch it would be useless without the iPhone.

4. McCool71 macrumors 6502a

Pretty much all smart watches on the market today have this functionality - not as a separate app you have to download, but built into the OS. Usually it makes the phone ring with whatever ring tone you have (and it of course overrides any mute settings in this case). It is a given that the Apple Watch will have it as well.

Also, all smart watches vibrate/beep (and the phone does the same) if they get out of range from each other.