"Find My iphone" feature

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appletise, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Appletise macrumors member

is there a way of tracking my iphone 6 if the "Find My iphone" feature is switched off? and to download apps from app store, is the icloud id required? or is it an apple id? what is the difference?

what excuse can l say to convince someone that the icloud account has to be left logged in?

thanks

2. DefBref macrumors 6502

If its your iphone, why do you need an excuse?

If your trying to surreptitiously track somebody elses iphone, thats creepy, immoral and possibly illegal.

3. Appletise thread starter macrumors member

l carelessly lost 2 iphones in past, but now l know about this "Find My iPhone" feature.
    why is my "Find My iPhone" easily turned off. other people have "Find My iPhone" turned on and it can't be switched off by going to "settings", "icloud" since a window appears and asks for the password "Sign In to iCloud. Enter the Apple ID password for K*******@ch*n.com"
    why wasn't pw also asked to play with my iCloud settings ?

it says in the website http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201365
    "your password will be required before anyone can turn off Find My iPhone on your device, erase your device, or reactivate and use your device.

Activation Lock is enabled automatically when you use Find My iPhone on a device using iOS 7 or later."

so why so easily switched off in my apple 6?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, you cannot track or use any find my iphone features if the feature is turned off.
    And to download apps from the appstore you will need the apple ID and password. There no such thing as icloud id.
    Why are you trying to convince someone to log in to icloud?
    Activation lock and find my iphone can be turned off only if the person knows the password. So its not easily turned off at all. Only the owner of the phone or owner of the apple ID account that knows the password can disable it. Where do you see the easy part in that?

5. week2014 macrumors newbie

Disable Activation Lock

Can an MDM service like http://www.bushel.com disable activation lock proactively then?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No.
    Nothing can disable or bypass the icloud lock.

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If enrolled, that service (and others) has the option to disable iCloud completely, if that's what you want to do. So, it could by extension disable Activation Lock.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Never heard of such thing.
    How could it disable or bypass the icloud activation lock?

9. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You'll have to ask Bushel, but they seem to think it's possible. They even show the option in their screen shots:

[​IMG]

10. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Bushel is Enterprise software where your companies admin sets up your iOS device and password, not the end user.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So in other words it has to be setup first and then it can turn off icloud etc.
    it's not something that one can buy an icloud locked device and then turn it off with that.