Find my iPhone/Friends

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by longslowfade, Sep 23, 2014.

1. longslowfade macrumors newbie

Hey guys, first post here, even though I've been reading this for quite a while. Anyway, I have the 6 (which I love, by the way) and the Find my Friends and iPhone apps continue to be blacked out like they're waiting to load. If I tap on them, they'll say "waiting," then act like they're loading but then stop again. I notice the friends thing still works in the details on iMessages, but both the apps won't do anything. I assume this is an iOS 8 issue and not a phone issue, but I was just curious to see if anybody else might be having the same kind of issue. Also, I can't delete the Friends app (even though it gives me the option) because I was just going to try and reinstall it.

Anybody else having this issue? Thanks.

Thanks.

2. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

Delete them.. If they get deleted, or else try just restarting your phone

3. longslowfade thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried both. And I can't delete them.

4. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Were you restoring from a backup or trying to install from the app store?

5. longslowfade thread starter macrumors newbie

Pretty sure it came from my backup.

6. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Is the backup still restoring? Maybe try using iTunes to remove them or reinstall from the app store?

7. longslowfade thread starter macrumors newbie

It's done restoring and I've tried your suggestions too. Just kind of weird. Thanks for your help though.

8. Topher227 macrumors regular

This is probably because it was attempting to restore a version of the app which was incompatible (unsigned, perhaps) for the iPhone 6 and iOS 8.

I encountered this issue as well, it was solved by deleting the app, then re-installing from the app store!

9. longslowfade thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I thought that might be the case too, but I can't delete the app for whatever reason.

10. Topher227 macrumors regular

And you're sure its done restoring?

Check Settings > iCloud > Backup. If you see Back Up Now (or a message saying to connect to wifi to backup), its done. If it's not done, you'll see a message saying you can't backup because you're still restoring.

What about if you check the App Store under Updates. Are the apps listed there with a pending update?

Also, try to re-download them even though you didn't delete them (you may see the cloud icon where it would say DOWNLOAD or OPEN). That may force an update.

11. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

There shouldn't be a Find my iPhone app, it's directly in iCloud settings.

12. Topher227 macrumors regular

I may be mistaken, but i'm pretty sure the OP is looking for the Find my Phone app, as in, to locate other devices, and not an app to adjust the "Find my iPhone" setting within iCloud settings.

13. longslowfade thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep. Like to have it in case somebody swipes my iPad or something.

On a side note, the find my phone app is working now. Still nothing on the friends one though.

14. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

Some problem restoring froM backup I think.. Could you try restoring again I'm sure this issue will be solved .. It'll not take a lot of time #

15. longslowfade thread starter macrumors newbie

Done restoring, no updates and can't download it again. Not sure what's going on. It's not a huge deal, just wondered what might be going on. Thanks for your suggestions though! Much appreciated.