"Find my iPhone" from another iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by telmerco, Jun 23, 2009.

1. telmerco macrumors newbie

I would think that being able to use the find my iPhone feature from another iPhone would be really useful. For instance, both my wife and I have iPhones and if we were away somewhere and one of them was misplaced, it would be easy to use the other. However, unless I am missing something, you can't access Mobile Me web page from an iPhone. Is there a solution to this? Thanks

2. NightFox macrumors 68000

NightFox

Good point, and can't think of a workaround - we need a "Find my Wife's iPhone" app.

3. osin macrumors 6502

Many people are complaining about it, so I believe there will be an upgrade really soon from Apple, addressing this issue...

4. yalag macrumors 65816

where are you seeing this "many people"??

5. w3cum macrumors regular

there have been a few of us at work trying to figure out a work around... no go.... BUT this is what we all came up with. . . with Apple opening up some of the programming cababilities adn the push notifications and such, would that allow a developer to creat an App that would work with mobile me specifically being able to remotely activate the find my phone issue? Just some thoughts..

6. osin macrumors 6502

There is plenty of posts here, on MacRumors, discussing the lack of this feature, also there is at least 10 different websites I've visited over the weekend that complaint about it too.
    If you don't see a topic called: "Find my iPhone - complaints" it doesn't mean that people do not complain...

Anyway isn't this obvious that if you will loose your iPhone, let say at some store, bar or on the street there is a big possibility that you don't have a computer nearby to log in to mobile.me service? There is a bigger possibility that one of you friends have a cell that you could use instead...

7. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I thought there was an option (I remember last Friday seeing something) to see where (something like) up to two family members using a setting on the iPhone or MobileMe or some other way. If I recall, there was an option for more than 2 family members for more money. Does anyone know about this or heard of it. I know I saw it somewhere, and this would solve the problem.

8. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502a

the problem is that right now you cant access the me.com website from the iphone

9. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

Ah, the original question/problem (too early in the am!). You would think that wouldn't be a problem, but it is. Hopefully they're working on a fix for that. It's a question I have as well.

Not to hijack the thread, but can we find other family members from the desktop me.com page? I want to set that up as well.

10. Titan12 macrumors regular

you just have to put your mobile me account on their phone. I did this with my wifes, and just set it to not sync anything with that phone.

11. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

so when she's away, you can track her movements?

i know my wife's mobileme login and pw so i just track her down that way. of course the original problem of this thread exists, i can't get on my phone and go track her down.

12. MrClean12 macrumors newbie

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Excellent idea. I just did the same using Readdledocs app's built-in browser and my iPhone found itself.

14. JellyUK macrumors newbie

What a brilliant way of getting round this, thanks mate :) In a rather drunken stupor, i lost my iphone at a festival, wanted to use mobileme to find it, but the only other person there that i knew had an iphone as well!! So annoying, but i found it in the end...

Not any more :)

15. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502a

also works with the built in browser from IM+