Find My iPhone glitch....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by H&K MP5N, May 5, 2011.

1. H&K MP5N macrumors newbie

H&K MP5N

Anybody else get somebody else's phone ,iPod, iPad? In the past 2 months I ran the program to see where the little woman is with my drink or lunch. But instead of her phone it was somebody else, this has happened more than 5 times. Happened again today, just for grins I sent that person a quick note " damn your ugly". :D

For the record I use my Mobile Me account to sign on.

2. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I don't even know where to start with this post...

You couldn't just call or text your "little woman" to see where she was with your drink or lunch, you have to MobileMe stalk her? Maybe I'm not understanding the context, but this sounds like a loving and trust filled relationship. Additionally, once you discovered this potential network error you used it to harass a total stranger instead of submitting it as a bug to Apple. You sir are a first class douche.

Like I said, maybe I'm totally missing something because of a contextual error; I really hope that's the case here.

3. theaudioguy macrumors member

When I first read the title of the message, I thought you were asking us to find the glitch your iPhone is having. But then I realized it's about 'Find My iPhone' glitch.

4. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

You're not the only person.

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Yep, I'd say you are totally missing something here. The problem is he's picking up someone else's device on his "Find my iPhone" even when he's logged into his MobileMe account rather than the actual iPhone's that should be the ONLY one's on his account.

Who really gives a crap why he's checking to see his wife's location. That's not our business. His post could easily just have been "I'm seeing iPhone's that aren't mine on my Find My iPhone" but instead went into a bit more detail.

To answer your question OP, no haven't run across that issue. Double check your account, check it from the web page, keep track of the time's it shows up, and report it to Apple or even call them directly (obviously not from your iPhone so you can give accurate information as it happens).

6. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

That must of been the most annoying/confusing paragraph I have ever read. I read it 3 times and I think I have an idea of what you're talking about... Possibly...

7. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

So it's okay for him to send a message to this person's phone saying "damn your [sic] ugly"? If he was going to send anything to this stranger it should be a polite message informing them that he was seeing their iPhone on his MobileMe account, and that they may want to check up with Apple customer support over the issue. I understood his issue, and I made a suggestion on what he should do: SUBMIT A BUG REPORT TO APPLE.