Find my iPhone/iPad...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SRLMJ23, Apr 23, 2011.

1. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

Just wanted to ask how people's experience with the find my iPhone app has been.

I'm especially interested in stories that involve police and how they handled it.

I've yet (and hopefully) never have had to use the find my iPhone app.

Thanks to all who respond.

2. sonnyfazio macrumors newbie

While I haven't had any incidence with someone taking my iPhone/iPad, several times I've misplaced it in my car or in a specific jacket. Because I frequently have my phone on vibrate, it would be very hard to locate it without Find My iPhone.

3. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Just today I was out and about and realized I didn't have my iPad2 with me. I wanted to make sure it was at home (I was 95% sure it was) but wanted to make certain. I pulled out my iPhone did a Find My iPad and bingo there it was.

Makes you feel better.

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Similar story. I have a bad habit of leaving stuff I'm carrying on top of my car when I unlock it. Thought I was doomed in this regard with my iPad. Fortunately I tracked it and it was still sitting on my desk at the office. I breathed a huge sigh of relief. :)

5. cinca macrumors regular

My friend lost his iPad and couldn't track it because he didn't set up a (now free) MobileMe account. So that would be my first tip... Thesis feature/benefit needs to be activated.