Find My iPhone issue.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by definitive, Jun 6, 2011.

1. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

I've been having this issue since I first got the free version of the Find My iPhone... What happens is I'll log in, and it will find the phone's location, but once I close the app through multitask, or restart the phone, it will then stop tracking it. When I open the app again, it will ask me to enter the login info again.

Is there a way to fix this? I could hardly find any posts regarding this issue..

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

This has been an issue since Apple made it free back in November. There is currently no fix.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

4. definitive thread starter macrumors 68000

definitive

Reason I made this thread was because of the new version. It remembers the username now, but not the password after it logs you out.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Not remembering the password may be a security reason.

6. definitive thread starter macrumors 68000

definitive

True.. I logged in to the me.com website, and after clicking refresh, it shows the iPhone on the map now, so maybe it is working correctly after the update?

edit: I was also able to send a message to the phone. Will have to test it out in a couple of hours to see if it's still working then.

7. khkman22 macrumors member

Yesterday I got an email saying "Find My iPhone" found my wife's phone and then today I got one saying it found my phone. I have been using the app for only a couple weeks, but I have never gotten an email before. I found no way to change settings to disable email notifications. Is it normal for the app to send these emails and, if so, how often?

8. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Every time I've used Find My iPhone, its sent an email.

9. khkman22 macrumors member

That's strange because between my wife and I we have used it several times just kind of testing it out and seeing how it works in the first couple weeks and I have never received any emails. Also, I don't even remember searching for hers yesterday and I don't know why she would have been searching for mine this morning since I'm just at work.

10. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I never tried the Find My iPhone app, does it require a MobileMe subscription??