Find My iPhone Stopped finding 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rhunt17, Aug 4, 2012.

1. rhunt17 macrumors newbie

Help! I have an iPhone 3GS. I have been using Find my iphone just fine up until a few days ago. It had no problems locating my daughters 4G Ipod Touchs or my and my husbands 3GS iPhones. I used it earlier this week no issues. As of 2 days ago it will still locate my daughters 4G Touches but says "No Location Available" for the 3GS iPhones. I don't recall an update, but in googling for an answer I've been reading about MobileMe going away and iCloud replacing which I do not have on my 3G. Not sure if that is the issue, however, as I think it wouldn't find anything if it was. Anyone have any ideas why it will no longer locate the 3G phones?

Thanks!

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The Find My iPhone functionality, with MobileMe gone now, is for iCloud users only. For the service to be able to locate an iOS device, it must be running iOS 5 and signed into an iCloud account. If you do not have an iCloud account or did not move your MobileMe accounts over before June 30th, you will need to visit icloud.com and create a new iCloud account to sign into after you and your husband upgrade to iOS 5. Upgrading is done by connecting to your Mac/PC with USB and through iTunes. Once upgraded, and signed into iCloud, the devices should be trackable through iCloud.com or the Find My iPhone iOS app.