Find My iPhone Web Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patlaw, Apr 20, 2011.

  1. patlaw macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2011
    #1
    When we got our iphones, we set up MobileMe accounts for two of them. Everything worked perfectly as expected. Now, even though the user names and passwords are saved in Firefox, even after I use my written passwords (same ones), even though I can log into iTunes with the Apple ID and password, even though I can find iPhone 2 using iPhone 1 with the same Apple ID that password that worked before, we cannot log into http://me.com/find. The site is rejecting the user name and/or password. We are using the MobileMe free accounts.

    A couple of posts suggested changing the passwords twice. I did that, but it didn't make any difference. The only other conclusion is that me.com is hosed. I tried logging in on three different computers with 3 different browsers. Any ideas?
     
  2. draz macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2010
    #2
    Yup looks like it is not working.
    Just give it sometime and see if it clears up.
     
  3. ChrMichaelsen macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2011
  4. patlaw thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2011
    #4
    It's cleared up. It looks like Apple would have the courtesy to put up a page that the site is not working instead of me wasting an hour thinking I'm doing something wrong setting up a new iPhone.

    ETA: Actually, the login is working, but the locations of the phones are not updating.
     
  5. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

    iStudentUK

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2009
    Location:
    London
    #5
    The whole MobileMe system went down for a few hours this morning. Game Centre had problems too.
     
  6. patlaw, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011

    patlaw thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2011
    #6
    It appears that the system problems have caused two of my three phones to log out of MobileMe. When I re-entered my MobileMe password on one phone, it updated and appears to be working normally. When I get the password re-entered on the other non-updating phone, I'll post whether the problems are solved.

    Here is a blog post that suggested what the problem is.

    http://goo.gl/dSuSx
     
  7. ChrMichaelsen macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2011

Share This Page