Find My iPhone with multiple devices

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by hellrider, Jun 16, 2009.

1. hellrider macrumors regular

With a single user Mobile account, is it possible for me to have both my iPhone and, let's say, my mom's iPhone set up with Find My iPhone and Remote Wipe? Is this possible on a Family account?

2. Dman77 macrumors member

I believe you can, as long as each MM account is set up in their respective iPhones (if that makes sense)

3. edwardd20 macrumors newbie

4. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Yes, but all she (or anyone else) would have to do is go into the settings and flip a switch to access your .me email, contacts, calendars, and bookmarks.

5. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

I have MobileMe on my iphone (unlocked) & iPad and it shows up for find my iphone and iPad just fine. Maybe i am just lucky idk ?!?!?!?

6. edwardd20 macrumors newbie

On the me.com site, how do you select between the iPhone and the iPad? Perhaps I'm just missing something. Just curious, are you on the MobileMe mail beta? I am. I just looking for a connection or a work around. Thanks.

7. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

Do you have Mobile Me set up on both devices?

8. edwardd20 macrumors newbie

FYI - It is my iPhone that won't show up on the web. I restored the phone (iPhone 3G). I turned Find My iPhone off and back on to see if some internal setting was incorrect.

9. edwardd20 macrumors newbie

I just got off the phone with AppleCare. MobileMe and Find My iPhone can only be used with 1 device at a time. If you have a family pack, you need to setup on account on the iPad and another on the iPhone. That doesn't work when you have 8 devices for 4 people with MobileMe accounts.

They suggested I post feedback to the MobileMe developers at
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/mobileme.html