Find my iPhone wont turn off

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by spin89, Jul 6, 2013.

1. spin89 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Recently installed iOS 7 Beta 2 on my iPhone 4S and it has been running fine. One issue that I've been having is in trying to turn off Find my iPhone.

I changed my apple ID's primary email account to my work email address last week prior to upgrading and deleted the old email account as I have not had a need for it for the past 1-2 years.

I had not made any changes to my icloud account on my iphone to make it display my new primary email account as the apple ID and now when I try to turn off find my iPhone or even enable Keychain in iCloud it asks for my password but states my old apple ID. When I enter my password it comes up with incorrect Apple ID or password.

I can't seem to find a way to change my apple id on my phone unless i turn off Find my iPhone.

Any advice?

Adrian

2. typeface macrumors regular

But... what if you lose your iPhone? :p

He he

3. spin89 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know, but I just wanna correct my Apple ID to the new email address I changed it to prior to upgrading.

After that I want find my iphone back on.

4. typeface macrumors regular

re-install iOS 7?

5. spin89 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't revert back to 6.3.1 without having the password/Apple ID match and I can't change the Apple ID.

Just installing ios 7 again leaves me in the same situation as now.

6. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

I'm not sure where on ios 7 you can manually change your email. I think that the account has already been associated with the phone. The only time I can think of is when you reinstall an OS and they'll ask for your apple ID and pass, and that's when you can change the email manually. And if your Apple ID and new password is set correctly then they'll definitely match. What happens if you enter your password with the old ID? Does it say it's incorrect?

7. spin89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Aimee,

When I put in the password (which is exactly the same for the new and old id) it says either te Apple ID or password is wrong.

I can't even change my Apple ID back to my old email address as I had deleted the account over a year ago ... Really annoying.