Find my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Peter Franks, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

What's changed in this, do you have to have a mobile me account, and if so, why? Does it need an email set up on the phone, or can you just bypass that, I input the apple ID, and pass, and it's redirected to 'set up a cloud account', What's that all about?

2. kRobbin macrumors member

kRobbin

When I set it up a few months ago you needed a Mobile Me account but it was free if all you were using was find phone. However, Apple seems to be replacing Mobile Me with iCloud so I imagine they are forcing new users to get set up there.

3. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeh, I should have done it then! So basically you can't set it up just for 'find' without now setting up a cloud account

4. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

What am I missing here, when I look up where it is, it shows the rough street location, so if there's 50 houses down there, how do you pinpoint where the phone would be? And presume the 'switch off' Find My iPhone isn't able to be hidden so anyone who nicks the phone can just switch it off. They should have the password option for that too as well as going into settings for it