Find My Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by blindinglight75, Sep 19, 2011.

1. blindinglight75 macrumors newbie

Hi All

New to this forum, i purchased an iphone 4 6 months, upon purchasing I installed the "Find My Iphone" app. I also registered for a mobile me account.

All was running fine and I could login anytime to see where my phone was (most times with me)

Anyways 2 weeks ago i upgraded my phone to the latest Iphone 4 OS, once again no big deal everything working fine, except I never test "Find My Iphone"

This weekend I lost my Iphone, logged into Mobile Me, and was kindly informed "No Devices Registered". I then installed find my iphone on wifes iphone, and low and behold that is the only one it now finds.

Can anyone explain to me how my phone was removed from Mobile Me without me doing anything?? i am completely baffled, and annoyed as I still cant find my iphone and dont want to use insurance to replace if i dont have to

2. kage207 macrumors 6502a

Well if it was lost, was there a passcode on the phone or not? Because if there wasn't there is a good chance that the person who found or stole it could have removed it from your account on the device itself. Secondly, updating the software does not remove your MobileMe account unless you did a restore to factory settings then installed the latest software.

3. blindinglight75 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your reply

No the phone didnt have a passocde on it unfortunaltey, although i am pretty sure the battery was dead on it when I lost

If the phone isnt switched on could it be simply not being picked up??

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

When you upgrade your firmware you will have to go to settings/mail and setup the mobileme find my iphone feature and give it acess.
    If you didnt do that then your phone will not be listed there any longer and wont transmit its location info back using MobileMe.
    In other words you didnt set it up so you cant track it now.

5. blindinglight75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i think that about sums it up, would have been good to know that. As i didnt need to setup any accounts (email, etc) after i had installed the latest firmware. Guess I am at the mersey of some kind soul finding it...

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

True, hopefully someone nice finds it and answers your calls and returns it.
    You tried calling and its not even on?

7. blindinglight75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I have called it, txt it, whats app'd it everything, but nothing yet..

Whats App says it hasnt "seen me online" since i last remember using it so hopefully someone will respond to it