Find my iphonr

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Georga, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Georga macrumors newbie

A 'find my iPhone' app appeared on my sisters phone about a year ago. She never downloaded it herself and thought it must have come from an update. When she opened the app her Apple ID was already prepopulated. She has recently found out her husband has been having an affair for sometime and is now wondering if he has been tracking her using this app. I know that find my iPhone is available for all iPhones but I thought that to have the app you needed to actually download it rather than it being part of an update.

2. Ray Brady macrumors 6502

I believe Find My iPhone was made a default app on OS9 some time last summer, so it is possible it auto-installed. However, this is not the way you would use the app to track someone. If I wanted to track your iPhone, I wouldn't need Find My iPhone on your device; I would need it on mine.

Essentially, the way I would track your phone is by logging into your iCloud account with your credentials. If you were concerned that I was doing this, your best defense is to change your iCloud password.