Find my Mac problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NickNiel, Jul 5, 2012.

1. NickNiel macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I got I problem with Find my mac. I have swtiched out my old HDD for a SDD, and copied my old drive with CCC ( Carbon Copy Cloner ). Find my Mac, won't find my mac thats the problem. My Mac appears to be Offline, even though i try to find it, on it self.
    I have read that you need a Revory HD Partition, and I do have that, when I press option-key while booting, the partion appears, but Find my mac, just doesn't work for me, and I would like this problem solved
    Any answers will be appreciated. Thanks :)

2. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Why did use carbon copy and not Time Machine? I use Time Machine the back
    mine up and everything works perfectly.

3. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

@NickNiel are you sure your WiFi connection is working properly and maintaining a constant connection?

@gentlefury CCC has the ability to also clone the recovery partition. I use CCC to clone the drives in my iMac and MBP quite often. Consequently, I have not experienced any issues with Find My Mac.

4. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Time machine also carries the restore partition. When I switched out my Mac Mini HDD for an SSD I was able to simply install the new drive, plug in time machine and restore....everything was as it was previously.