Find My Phone app , ???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by elykoj, Jul 27, 2012.

1. elykoj macrumors regular

I was wondering, there is an app ,"Find My Phone" in the app store. but if i go into settings and look under the iCloud portion, it shows a Find My Phone slider for on or off. do i need the app or is it already on the phone? confused?:confused:

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The app allows you to track the location of other devices signed into a specific AppleID. The slider toggles the actual feature off/on on iOS devices. You can also track location via www.icloud.com.

3. elykoj thread starter macrumors regular

question?

so if someone steals your phone and slides that to off position, this app wont even work? i would not locate the phone from another phone using this app?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Correct.
    That's why you need a passcode lock on your iphone for security.
    So noone can get in to your stuff, turn on or off anything.

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Thats how using the tweak applocker on a jb unit comes into play by locking whatever you choose including the settings menu. Something apple should include as stock !

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, tons of nice things you can do with a JB iphone that should be there stock.
    I also like the option to not be able to turn off the iphone when on lock screen.
    This way the potential thief couldnt turn off the phone and if you notice it quick you could potentially track it.