Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tdmac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
I activated the "Find my Phone" on my 3G and can access it in mobile me. I know from the keynote that they said even if the phone is silent that it will ring the phone with a special tone. Indeed this does work. :D

However, there is one case where I see that does not work great.

The loudness of the pinging tone seems to be dependent on the ringer volume. :eek: Too me this is a bug. Shouldn't the notification override the ringer volume and have the pinging tone emit at max volume so you could hear it?

Can someone else test and confirm this?

mtehonica

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2007
I activated the "Find my Phone" on my 3G and can access it in mobile me. I know from the keynote that they said even if the phone is silent that it will ring the phone with a special tone. Indeed this does work. :D

However, there is one case where I see that does not work great.

The loudness of the pinging tone seems to be dependent on the ringer volume. :eek: Too me this is a bug. Shouldn't the notification override the ringer volume and have the pinging tone emit at max volume so you could hear it?

Can someone else test and confirm this?

Yes, I realized this also.

DarkJaye

macrumors member
May 11, 2009
As it's a new service it only makes sense that some of the options will take ironing out.

I bet that when they update this they'll also have put some kind of "lock" on the Find My iPhone toggle so a thief can't just switch it off.

tdmac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
As it's a new service it only makes sense that some of the options will take ironing out.

I bet that when they update this they'll also have put some kind of "lock" on the Find My iPhone toggle so a thief can't just switch it off.

Lock idea is a good one also.

I know that there will bound to be little things like this missed but is there a place to send iphone bugs/issues to Apple to make sure they are aware? Couldn't find anything on their site.

rburly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2009
Florida

It is a great idea. Hopefully it will be password protected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.