"Find My Phone" for Secondary Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by juju01, Apr 13, 2011.

1. juju01 macrumors newbie

I have a family pack mobileme account with my wife setup under that account. Her IPhone just got stolen whilst on a trip outside the country. I am trying to use the "Find my phone" feature to wipe it.

I assumed her apple id was the email of the secondary account i setup under mobileme, but I cant use that to log in. Any ideas? I also cant see her phone when I log in using my own account.

2. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

you need to login with her account details i think? Don't they show up when logged into the master account?

3. juju01 thread starter macrumors newbie

I managed to log in using her account details after reseting her password. I can see her phone listed now, but can't "find" it. Does the "find my phone" feature only work in the U.S?

4. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Do you by chance have airplane mode on the phone since you are out of the country?

If so, thats your answer.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

It'll only find your wife's phone if it's switch on and the option for find my iPhone is switched on too

6. juju01 thread starter macrumors newbie

ah - not sure. thanks anyway.

7. seble macrumors 6502a

It will work outside of the US. But if for example, she had cellular data turned off to save on roaming costs, then the phone won't be able to broadcast the location back to you. If I was you I would send the wipe request anyway, and if the phone eventually comes online (allowing it not being restored) then it will wipe.