Find My Phone

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by nlr, Jun 17, 2010.

?

Do you agree with me?

1. Yes

5.0%
  2. No

95.0%
  1. nlr macrumors 6502

I don't see how "find my phone" is useful on mobileme, it only states the area your phone is in which is quite a large place for me and it isn't very specific so I doubt I can find it at all if I did lose it but I guess its better having an idea than not knowing at all.

Post your opinions and experience with find my phone feature.

[​IMG]

2. t22design macrumors regular

It pinpoints my location as exactly as the GPS on Google Maps.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Even the original iPhone, with only wifi can pinpoint better than that.

4. standingquiet macrumors 6502

standingquiet

5. nlr thread starter macrumors 6502

Look at the example picture above. Imagine if I did lose it what are the chances of me finding it?

6. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

that's what it's like initially for me but after a few seconds it gets more specific and then even more specific, getting it within 25 yards usually.

7. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Agreed, the GPS doesn't work great. But using FMI also allows me to also send threatening messages and even lock my phone remotely.

8. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

Yes! This is the best use of FindMyiPhone.

9. nlr thread starter macrumors 6502

All I'm saying is it isn't all that accurate but I've never used it in a real situation but only when my iphone 3GS is sitting in my house and it displayed that the iphone was on my road which is quite large.

This day and age realistically if someone found your iphone they would just restore it to factory settings and then your mobileme will not be associated with your iphone meaning 'find my iphone' is useless because it will not work, I think if anything you should be able to register mobileme to your device and you can only remove it by unregistering the iphone from YOUR mobileme account.

and I would like to see more supported devices so if your macbook, macbook pro gets stolen you can locate it and not just for the iphone, ipad.

This is just my opinion, we've all got one.

10. DudeDad macrumors 6502a

DudeDad

Much more accurate with the upgrade...found my phone and iPad in the EXACT location where they are on Google maps!

11. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I signed on not just for the Find feature but for the message push (return my device for a reward) and better yet, the ability to remotely wipe my device.

12. b_scott macrumors 6502a

b_scott

very exact now.

also, FINALLY CAN REMOVE OLD PHONES! THANK YOU!!! :D:D:D:D