Find out when the Apple store is back online

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by egrissom, Oct 14, 2008.

1. egrissom macrumors newbie

egrissom

I've been eagerly anticipating the release of the new Macbook Pros for longer then I care to mention. Alright I'll mention it, the day after the last refresh. Defying all logic, and common sense, I have struggled to work on a 60 gig first gen white Macbook assuring myself that my constant battle with memory management would all be worth it come the next release which was clearly August, and then September, and now Baracktober (oh you didn't hear, everyone is calling it that now).

Enough of that malarkey- a friend of mine created a tool that works incredibly well in alerting you as to when the coveted "We'll be Back Soon" message appears on the apple store, and when it returns from the break. You can sign up here: http://theapplestore.isbackonline.com/ . You put your email in, and it does the rest. Just thought i'd share in this forum as some of you may find it useful.

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I find Command+R to be more convenient and less...

PHISHY.

4. egrissom thread starter macrumors newbie

egrissom

None of the emails are used for evil, it's really just built so people don't have to keep hitting refresh, etc. The best way to notify people when it goes down (and back up) is by email.

5. LDB macrumors member

LDB

What kind of fools would say Baracktober? That would clearly move someone from the potential idiot pool to the idiot pool.