find out who called block?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bmms8, Nov 19, 2010.

1. bmms8 macrumors 68020

hello, is there a JB app to find out who is calling you blocked? meaning, if you call me and put *67 before my number, it shows blocked on my phone. is there an app to get past that to see the number calling me? thanks in advance!

2. bmms8 thread starter macrumors 68020

are you sure?

my friend called someone blocked and that same person texted him back asking why he called him blocked..

i dont know of any such app but if there is one, id figure someone here would know.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There is no such app on the iPhone or any other phone. There are however, some services that allow it. I don't remember the names of them.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

That is all done by telephone provider and no information is sent to the phone, therefore nothing installed on the phone can do that.
    The only exception I know of is an incoming 1-800 number in which case caller ID is always transmitted since person receiving the call is paying for it.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

no apps, but AFIK you can pay for the service to a private company...

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its not a JB app or even an app, its service you can install on any cellphone in the US.
    Its called trapcall.
    When someone calls you with a blocked number you reject the call, the call is forwared to that companys 800 number and then back to your cellphone with the true called ID revealed.
    It used to be free when it first came out, now its like $5 per month.
    http://www.trapcall.com/

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Makes sense since the TrapCall folks have a 1-800 number they get the caller ID, then sell it back to you. Pretty smart.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

9. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I don't know if this is still the case or not with cell phones, but I know with most land lines, if you dial *69, it will automatically redial the last person who called you, whether they blocked the caller ID or not, the major difference being whether or not the remote callers number is revealed.

10. Abscissa macrumors regular

That's what I was going to say...that's how it used to be as far as I know, haven't done it in forever.