Find real url / bookmark specific(not generic) page

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by cool11, Oct 14, 2010.

1. cool11 macrumors 65816

cool11

There should be a way to bookmark a specific web page when the site do not allow it!
    I wish somebody help me, here in the world of web authors.
    There is a social site which displays people's profiles based on search criteria. I can also post 'source code' (view source) if you want.
    But, in order for you to have a clue of the situation, see these screenshots:

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/8513/32911313.gif

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/613/74975030.gif

As you can see, no matter which page of search results you 're in, the url in address bar is always the same!
    This makes it impossible to bookmark a specific page.
    If I make a bookmark, it will return me always to the first page of results.

The small buttons '1', '2', '3' etc, pass through javascript the page parameters.
    Here is the code of a button:
    javascript:$('#page').val(2);document.form_szukaj.submit();

So, how can I reveal the real url of each one of these pages? I also tried 'firebug' addon(firefox) but with no luck.
    I would like to find a way to be able to access specific pages of these results, with any way possible.

Can we solve it?

2. cool11 thread starter macrumors 65816

cool11

At least I would like to be able to bookmark such pages, even without bothering with real urls.
    This seems impossible, but it should be bookmarked somehow.

3. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Are the search results being displayed in a frame or iframe?

Try right-clicking in the search results area and see if there is an option for "This Frame -> Open Frame in new window"

4. cool11 thread starter macrumors 65816

cool11

I made several right clicks in search results area and no option referring to frames appeared.