Find the Trash Bin on a Target Disk Mode Laptop

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dPanzone, Jan 8, 2010.

1. dPanzone macrumors newbie

I inadvertently deleted my launchagent folder out of the system folder. I been having problems with getting the MBP to auto sleep when left alone and had seen threads talking about deleting the launchagent folder and launchdaeomn folder as well as start up files so i did. so now when i boot all i get is the blue apple logo screen with the spinning gear. is there a way to find the files in the trash of a computer while in target disk mode? I purposely left the files and didn't delete them entirely cause i thought something might get screwed up, but didn't expect to not even be able to boot. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

Your best bet is to reinstall OSX.

It seems like you deleted some essential system files.

Almost like doing `rm -r /*` ;)

Or if you've used Gentoo Linux, "emerge --uninstall python-*" Haha that's a good one.

Naw, I'd say you might have less troubles if you reinstall OSX.

Edit: Man I didn't read your last part where you have them in the trash.......... oops.. forget about my post :p

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Code:
    /Users/user_name/.Trash 
    This is in your home directory of course.

4. dPanzone thread starter macrumors newbie

theres nothing in the home directory, all the other folders sitting in the "Macintosh HD" have items in them except the home folder.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It's a hidden folder. You can use the Go -> Go to Folder... menu option, fill out the path, or tab complete it. You can enable the viewing of hidden folders in Finder or just use Terminal.

6. dPanzone thread starter macrumors newbie

I keep getting "The folder cannot be found". I have the laptop in target disk mode hooked to the tower but both have the same label for there HDD is that a problem?

I'm really sorry to have to ask all this haha, I work as and editor so my computer knowledge outside of post programs is pretty minimal.

7. dPanzone thread starter macrumors newbie

never mind I think i worked it out! Thanks for the help!!