Finder and Dashboard dock icons won't change?

mmapples

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
I'm using CandyBar to change the icons, and the Dashboard icon is changed under both System and Applications. In Finder it looks like the one I want to change it to, but when I move it into the Dock it just looks like the default icon. The same thing happens with the Finder icon.

Any ideas?

Oh and to change the iCal icon, is there any way to change the way the icon looks when you have iCal running? It just looks weird to have it look one way when it's closed and change back to the default when it's open.

MacsomJRR

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2003
San Diego
When I'm changing icons I just open up the info (cmd-I) for that app/file/folder and then paste the new icon where the one I want to change is in the info (top left).

I tried using Candybar and another app a while back but it just ended up screwing with a bunch of my icons and messing things up so I had to manually fix everything. PITA!

mmapples

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
Do you have be an administrator for the dashboard and finder icons? Because those are the only two that are giving me problems with CandyBar.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
have you tried chaning the icons in Candybar, then logging out and back in? that should fix it for you.

pdr5009

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2008
Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem with Dashboard and iCal. Both have the new icons in finder but not on the dock