iPod touch Finder app on iPod touch?

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
I'd like to know if there is an app that works just as the Mac finder does. I'd like to see what files and folders are on my iPod, and where everything is stored.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Because they want it to be simple enough for Non-techie people to use. Sadly the only option you have is iFile from Cydia (Jailbroken App Store).

This allows you access to the whole system folder of iOS, and you'll see it's a horrifying, confusing mess.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Because they want it to be simple enough for Non-techie people to use. Sadly the only option you have is iFile from Cydia (Jailbroken App Store).

This allows you access to the whole system folder of iOS, and you'll see it's a horrifying, confusing mess.
And people monkeying around in there will wind up with a dead phone.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Well, I'm not gonna jailbreak. I don't want to void my warrenty. Why does apple not allow visibility?
iOS is a closed source OS and Apple would rather have a walled garden than allow people modifying stock things and adding / changing things that they didn't intend on them doing.

Jailbreaking voids your warranty, but you can always restore your iPod and no one would ever know it's jailbroken.

yanksrock100

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2010
San Diego
The closest you will get to finder is spotlight, where you can at least see your contacts, apps, emails, and search the web.