Finder Back/Forward Gestures Gone?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Riemann Zeta, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Riemann Zeta macrumors 6502a

Has anyone else noticed that the three-finder back/forward swipe no longer works in the Finder in Mavericks? This may be a specific bug with DP2, so I'd be curious if anyone with DP1 experienced the same behavior. Anyone know a trick to re-enable the gesture (it still works in Safari)?

2. Davmeister macrumors 6502

Davmeister

DP 4 here - no swiping in Finder either...grrrr

3. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Hasn't this been gone since Lion? :confused:

Seriously. I don't know and can't remember. I'm booted into SL right now. (With full finder swipe control I might add :)).

4. Davmeister macrumors 6502

Davmeister

No. Mavericks only. And it pi**es me off because pressing the tiny back button is significantly slower!

5. Tander macrumors 6502a

Tander

This is something I really hope makes it's way into the final release. I would love to use a gesture rather than clicking a button.

6. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

No longer works? This never happened in the first place (I'm using ML).

7. Davmeister macrumors 6502

Davmeister

Sigh. Yes, it did. You had to set it up in trackpad settings in Sys Pref but it did. Ive been doing it for well over a year with no additional software. I know now because it takes so much longer to navigate finder.

8. ATC macrumors 6502a

Do you recall the exact setting to enable this? I was just gonna test it and see if it's fixed in DP5. FWIW, in my trackpad preferences I have all the check boxes checked under all three tabs.

9. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

Finder back/forward gestures only works with three fingers, not two. Therefore they only work after setting "Swipe between pages" to three fingers or two+three fingers, and only if three-finger drag is disabled. Not worth disabling three finger drag in my opinion. It also doesn't obey natural scrolling for some reason.

10. Manic Harmonic macrumors 6502

Well in ml you set "swipe between pages" to "two or three fingers." In never sword reliably for me though, it would often just stop working until a restart. So I just use cmd + [ and ].

11. Davmeister macrumors 6502

Davmeister

What pickaxe said.

12. ATC macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I had three finger dragging enabled. I disabled it and tried to see if it's still broken in DP5 and unfortunately it appears that it still is.

13. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

I have everything enabled and it doesn't work...

14. Davmeister macrumors 6502

Davmeister

Well keep playing and read the above comments again until you get it to work....if you're running Mavericks it doesn't work...which is the whole point of this thread. It does work. Try harder.

15. jerick macrumors newbie

16. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

perhaps consider the fact that the GM is buggy on certain machines and the OP is correct instead of assuming hes wrong and your right..

Its not working on my GM install either and i know what im doing.

17. manthe macrumors newbie

Just piping in to say that the swipe gesture definitely is NOT working in Finder (using Mav. GM) - and to also express my frustration with this! Happily it still DOES work in Path Finder - which is still a far better file manager - even with the 'improvements' to Finder, it still feels like the one piece of the OS written by Hasbro!

18. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech