Finder Bar Problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by avrpatsfan, Nov 5, 2009.

1. avrpatsfan macrumors member

I just need some help with the Finder bar in Mac OS X Leopard. It seems that the bar sometimes goes away and it's annoying. I'm not talking about the dock. Here's a picture. If there are any settings I change then tell me. I haven't done anything. Thanks in advance

[​IMG]

2. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

use a smaller picture, its huge. not sure what your issue is, do you have some full screen app that hides the menu bar?

3. avrpatsfan thread starter macrumors member

Sorry about the picture size I didn't choose it. And I don't have a full screen app, I use itunes it does it, same with iphoto, safari stainless everything. Need some help please!

4. The General macrumors 601

does WHAT? what is "finder bar"? are you talking about that hideous thing you did to safari or firefox or whatever that is? and why did you cut the menu bar and dock off of your screenshot?

5. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

he means the menu bar. he has the dock hidden which is why its not there. you may want to try doing a reinstall and see if that fixes the issue. i couldn't find any info that could help.

6. avrpatsfan thread starter macrumors member

I'm using Stainless, a lightweight browser. It's better than Safari it's faster and takes less time to load. I think I'll try a reinstall or I'll just get Snow Leopard finally

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603

This only happens when using Safari, or other applications as well?

I wonder if com.apple.Finder.plist is corrupt.

8. baretree macrumors newbie

It happens to me almost daily

a bit different though; when I bought and clean installed Snow Leopard to my iMac it started that weird behavior but only when I am logging in, the "menu bar" is not present, so, sometimes I have to click with my mouse that part of the screen where the menu is supposed to be and then it starts to appear, sometimes by parts and some others it shows the whole bar after that click. It doesn't happens every single time I log in, but it is pretty often. It's annoying actually.
    When I bought my newest macBook Pro with SL preinstalled I noticed the same, so it has nothing to do with my copy of SL I bought for my iMac since it has been happening on the macBook as well. He says some apps take the menu off, in my case is at login when it is not shown some of the times.

Also, I know this must be on another topic but since after upgrading to SL on my iMac I've been having a lot of problem with my aluminum wireless keyboard. It starts typing on its own, like if it buffers what I previously typed and it resends the keys after a while. It's the keyboard since I can hear it like sending the keys and a sound like bum bum and then when I try to open a menu is a pain in the there, cause its like if I was to be using the mouse and keyboard at the same time. Mine is the 08 aluminum iMac, not the new one with the new keyboard, mine is the last year's (Autumn 08) iMac. Does anyone knows something about it? I asked on the apple boards and some genius gave me a class on devices and said I was the most idiot person on Earth cause a keyboard cannot type on its own... whatever, the case is, mine is doing so. I wish I could have an USB Apple keyboard just to try it out... But this problem is really gross cause the other day I had a problem while on my bank's account webpage, I was typing an amount like $500 and it started adding 500500 like you know, $500500500 obviously I have not that amount but, if I had pressed the OK maybe I'd have been penalized because of an out of funds transaction or something

any help will be really appreciated :)