Finder Bar Slides In and Out on Full Screen

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Haust, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Haust macrumors member

When using Lion, whenever I enter and exit full screen, the Finder Bar on top slides in and out from the left side of the screen. It's really annoying to me. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Go into iPhoto. Open a image in full screen and watch the bar slide out. Then hit esc to exit full screen and watch the finder bar slide in.

It didn't do this in Snow Leopard.

Thx!

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

In Snow Leopard there wasn't system wide full screen for apps either like there is in Lion. I don't know if there is anyway to remove the animation.

3. Haust thread starter macrumors member

I wish the animation would drop down from the top instead of sliding in and out.

4. Haust thread starter macrumors member

Is there no one else bothered by this? What I find most annoying is that I can't do anything until the animation is done sliding the finder bar across the screen. It just makes going in an out of full screen a hassle.

I can only imagine how it takes on a 27 inch iMac. Jeez!

5. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

It's sliding because you're going to a new Space. Full Screen Apps in Lion automatically get their own space. I haven't found it to really take very long, though.

jW

6. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Man lol :rolleyes: it barely takes 2 sec. ; cant understand what bothers you so much about it

7. Haust thread starter macrumors member

You're kidding right? Waiting 2 seconds is ok by you? You realize that you cannot do anything while Lion moves the spaces around? It flat out stinks if you care to flick through images in and out of full screen. I propose an instant full screen option. :)

8. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

:D hahaha i wont denie of course i will prefer an instant full screen or maybe another work around but man YOU know inside those 2 seconds dont bother that much after a few days :eek: