Finder Bug

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kolax, Jan 25, 2009.

1. kolax macrumors G3

This has been around for a while, and is something that really irritates me. It happens on odd occasions too, so not sure how to replicate it.

Anyway, this is what happens. Say I'm browsing in Safari, I'll be unable to click on my desktop. Only way to be able to do access Finder is to CMD+Tab to it then it all works fine.

It'll happen in any application and on odd occasions - sometimes I'll open a folder in Finder, then go back to another application and I can't click on that folder or on the desktop. It'll just remain in the application.

This has happened consistently throughout Leopard and isn't specific to me - my previous gen MBP did this, and on a fresh Leopard install it happens randomly.

Anyone else experience this?

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Never had that issue before :confused:

Is there any link between your previous machines? Like a certain 3rd party app you've consistently used that could be causing this bug?

3. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Next time it happens I'll try make a video.

And no 3rd party stuff - it happened on a fresh install of OS X with nothing else installed.

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Seems very strange to me, the CPU isn't tied up or anything like that? I've had a few occations where I've clicked (on any app/window etc) and nothing has happened, because the CPU was tied up with something else. But that has been pretty rare.

5. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Naw, nothing demanding running. It's a Leopard glitch, I never had it in Tiger and was one of the first things I noticed in Leopard but never thought anything of it.

I'll try and see if I can replicate it and give you instructions to do it too.