Finder closes every 3 right clicks!? Driving me insane.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TheRuggedLion, Aug 27, 2007.

1. TheRuggedLion macrumors member

TheRuggedLion

I discovered something odd just now. While trying to customize some application icons, every 3rd time I'd right click or control+click all Finder windows close, and the toolbar on the top of the screen briefly disappears, and refreshes. I did run ONYX a few days ago (automation) not sure if I can blame it on that though....

Please mac experts help me out, it is driving me insane.

(aluminum imac, 10.4.10)

2. PYR0M310N macrumors 6502a

PYR0M310N

How long does it disappear for? Is this an issue that involves you having to relaunch finder or is it sort of just a flicker and then its back?

3. mrviga macrumors member

Dude, this totally happens to me toO!!!! It's super annoying and I don't know why it's doing it. Sometimes (maybe once every third right click, I never counted) finder just restarts. It messes up file transfers and it's just plain annoying. Does anyone know how to fix?

4. TheRuggedLion thread starter macrumors member

TheRuggedLion

Ok found what was causing the problem. StuffIt Expander deluxe. DELETE IT.

Actually, its said that all you have to do is delete the stuffit contextual menu items, macintoshHD/Library/Contextual Menu Items

or

MacHD/System/Contextual Menu Items...

This didn't work for me, so I removed everything that had the word stuffit associated with it, and uninstalled the program. Computer is back to normal.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

How were you customising the icons? Do you have any other theme changers or system hacks installed?

6. TheRuggedLion thread starter macrumors member

TheRuggedLion

I was doing it the standard way, I right click, get info, copy the icon with command+c and paste the new icon on the app icon I want to change.